Introduction to Visual Design
Introduction to Visual Design Short Course (JMC Sydney)
$337.50 – $450
DATE AND TIME
Mon., 14/01/2019, 9:30 am –
Wed., 16/01/2019, 4:30 pm AEDT
561 Harris St, Ultimo
Sydney, New South Wales 2007
INTRODUCTION TO VISUAL DESIGN SHORT COURSE
Discover visual communication!
3 Day Course
9:30am - 4:30pm
Monday 14th, Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th January 2019
Early Bird ticket price: $382.50 (15% discount)
Bundle ticket price: $337.50 (25% discount) - valid when you purchase 2 or more tickets
The Digital Design department at JMC offers a short course that covers the fundamentals of visual communication and introduces students to the principles of design, applied across different media, from print magazines to digital interfaces. Composition, layout, typography, colour and light are some of the topics discussed throughout the course. Students will explore how different elements work together to create aesthetically pleasing designs and learn to put these principles into practice to tell an impactful story.
- Introduction to visual communication
- Visual thinking basics
- Elements of visual design: colour, line, form, type, texture, negative space, etc...
- Design principles: Gestalt theory, balance, hierarchy, contrast, unity, etc…
- In practise: paper to screen
- Visual storytelling
- Developing brand identity and vision
- In practise: Ideation workshop
DAY 3:Project Work
- Group research and brainstorm
- Concept development
Short Course requirements and details:
- All participants must be a minimum of 15 years of age.
- All Short Courses will be held at JMC Academy Sydney: 561 Harris St, Ultimo, NSW, 2007.
- Short Courses will run during January 2019.
- Price of Short Course includes lunch and light snacks for each participant.
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation featuring details of the Short Course they have completed. This Certificate can be included in the participants resume as Professional Development.
- JMC Academy reserves the right to cancel any course. In the event of cancellation, participants will receive a minimum of 24 hours notice and a full refund will be given.
- Content presented in the courses may slightly vary from the descriptions included above.