Digital Design workshop with Katherine Barrow
Design Assembly invites you to join Lead UX Architect Katherine Barrow for this half-day workshop on Digital Design.
Friday, 13th May, 9am–1pm.
Studio One Toi Tū,
1 Ponsonby Road
The role of the designer in the digital space is constantly evolving—along with producing visually stunning, professional work, more and more designers are tasked with business goals like improving usability, designing responsive websites, or driving engagement and conversion. This course provides an overview of upcoming digital design trends and best practices, and provides you with practical tools and advice on designing for the digital space. We’ll cover the basics of digital design including usability, responsive design and user testing, as well as some emerging trends and areas of interest for digital businesses in 2016. Lastly, we’ll introduce you to a variety of incredibly useful tools and techniques that are becoming the industry standard.
- You will have a clear understanding of the digital design landscape for 2016.
- You will have learned about some of the best practices for designers in digital roles.
- You will have insight into the most important areas of focus for digital design, including usability, UX, responsive design, big data & engagement, and will be able to apply them to your work.
- You will have been introduced to new tools that you will be able to incorporate into your design process.
- You will have an increased awareness and appreciation for the unique requirements of digital design and have practical ways to deal with them.
Katherine Barrow is the Lead UX Architect at Pixel Fusion — a digital product studio based in Auckland. She has 5 years of experience as a User Experience designer and 7 years of experience in the wider design space. She’s passionate about the designer’s role in building and growing businesses, and is a strong advocate for design thinking and design-led strategy.
$220 Professional / $195 Design Assembly Friend (Not a Design Assembly Friend? Click here for details)
$125 Design Assembly Student Friend (Not a Design Assembly Student Friend? It’s free to sign up. Click here for details)
Tickets available via Eventbrite
(15 people maximum. This workshop requires a minimum of 8 people to run.)
Terms and Conditions:
No refund within 24 hours of the workshop date.
50% deposit refund within 8 days of the workshop date.
Tickets are transferable to other people not to other DA workshops.